5 Garage Pegboard Ideas
It’s hard to keep your tools clean and organized – especially when you’ve amassed a vast collection. To help with the process, we recommend installing a pegboard in your garage or warehouse. Pegboards are an incredibly versatile storage solution, with enough room to hang heavy power tools next to smaller specialty items. In this guide, we’ve shared five garage pegboard ideas to organize your space in a visually effective fashion.
- Standard Pegboard Setup: There’s nothing quite like a sturdy pegboard panel above your favorite workbench, with your everyday tools laid out for quick access. This is the most popular way to hang a pegboard like the UltraHD Pegboard Set. Meanwhile, if you don’t own a workbench yet, you can invest in the UltraHD Stainless Steel Pegboard Workcenter for an all-in-one solution.
- Mobile Pegboard: With a metal frame and some locking casters, you have the foundation for a convenient pegboard cart that you can roll between projects. Simply purchase enough pegboard panels to cover the frame, screw them in securely, and start hanging tools on your mobile rig!
- Secure Hook Solutions: When hanging heavy equipment, you may need more structural support for your pegboard hooks, so that they don’t fall out accidentally. The easiest way to do this is by dabbing glue from a hot glue gun onto the hook end, and then inserting it into the desired peg before it dries. You can also use plastic zip-ties, if the idea of hot glue makes you nervous.
- Custom Pegboard Shelves: With a few clever attachments, you can utilize pegboard holes for custom shelves and baskets as well. Just purchase some L-hooks from the hardware store, and then drill holes into the shelf where the hooks can slide in. If you don’t want to use a drill, you can also purchase pegboard shelf brackets and attach them to your shelf with cable staples.
- Hidden Cabinet Pegboard: When it comes to pegboard organization, the only limit is your own imagination. Any flat surface can be transformed into pegboard storage, including concealed areas like the inside of a cabinet door. This is an excellent idea for storing kitchen tools, cleaning supplies, toiletries, and more.
For more than 35 years, Seville Classics has been an innovator in workplace storage. Our UltraHD pegboards are built with powder-coated steel, which resists corrosion and handles serious weight. To find more garage pegboard ideas, visit our blog, Pinterest, or Facebook page and then share your tips with the Seville Classics community!