Whether we want to admit it or not, we all can be a bit unorganized at times. We may buy garage storage cabinets and wire shelving for miles, but if you’re not using the organizational tools you have, then they’re just adding to the clutter.
Besides the aesthetic benefits of getting organized, there are many reasons to de-clutter your household—and we’re not talking about doing it to please others. Read on for some motivation to actually start using that shelving for storage and inspiration for making the most of all your other organizational tools.
- You’ll be less stressed and your life will feel more under control. Feng Shui touts the benefits of less clutter in your life—those principles aside, it’s easy to feel the difference when your household and garage are less cluttered. Stress is significantly reduced when you know that you can find everything you need when you need it.
- Less parking tickets. Just think, for the price of a few garage storage cabinets, you can actually have somewhere to park your car!
- You’ll save money. When you’re able to find everything you need for everyday life, you won’t need to re-purchase things, and ultimately, waste money. It’s so easy to lose socks, shoes, office supplies, and toiletries to the land of the gnomes—if you use shelves for storage of those items, you would never make the mistake of buying duplicates or something you don’t need again.
- You’ll save time. When your closet is organized with shoe racks and the like, you’ll have a much easier time getting out the door in the morning and not have to waste time looking for things. How many times have you been late to an important appointment or meeting because you were looking for your wallet or keys? Store accessories and smaller items in wire shelving and you’ll eliminate that morning rush that often results in tardy behavior.
- You’ll feel more confident. When you know where things are, you’ll have more confidence. Your focus will be clearer and you won’t have to worry about where something is or what to do in case of an emergency. Having that knowledge will make you feel more relaxed and improve the quality of your life overall.
Image Sources: psychcentral.com, gothamist.com, allfinanceupdates.blogspot.com, stilo.com, hyp-no-fear.co.uk