How to Use a Standing Desk (and Choose the Right One)
In this guide, we’llshare how to use a standing desk and choose the right model for your needs. We’ve also outlined the health benefits of a standing desk as an alternative to traditional seated options. At Seville Classics, we have a variety of height-adjustable standing desk models, from mobile desks to pneumatic desktop converters. These workplace marvels can improve your posture, keep your blood flowing, and help you burn calories during the day.
Choosing a Standing Desk
- First, you’ll need to decide whether to purchase a height-adjustable standing desk or a desktop converter which transforms your normal desk into a standing setup. If you’re interested in replacing your desk, you might want a height-adjustable standard office desk. If you simply want to upgrade your current desk, a converter may be a better fit.
- Once you’ve narrowed down your desk style, take time to select the right model for your height. For example, the AIRLIFT XL Sit-Stand Mobile Desk has a maximum height of 41.9 inches high, while the AIRLIFT S2 Standing Desk has a max height of 48.4 inches high. Ideally, the desk should adjust to your elbow height when seated or standing.
- After buying and assembling your furniture, it’s time to learn how to use a standing desk. First, practice raising and lowering the desk height, until you find a comfortable setting that doesn’t strain your neck. Once you’ve gotten used to your standing desk, we recommend alternating between standing and sitting positions every hour or so.
Benefits of a Standing Desk
- By keeping your computer at eye level, you can improve your posture, instead of slouching in a chair.
- Standing builds core strength and burns more calories than sitting.
- Recent studies show that prolonged sitting can result in a stronger likelihood of colon cancer and breast cancer. With a standing desk, you can avoid those risks and stay active.
For more than 35 years, Seville Classics has been an innovator in workplace solutions. Our standing desks offer tremendous health benefits at affordable prices. Use them to stay active during the workday, and adjust the desk height to your specific needs. Visit our blog, Pinterest, or Facebook pages to learn more about how standing desks can change your professional life!